View Single Post
Unread 6 Sep 2009, 16:44   #83
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future
Re: Proposal for the creation of the roundly block against Apprime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddix View Post
Although it wasnt a major effect p3nguins only hit 2 galaxies last nite. One of which was 11:4 which is the galaxy i presume Assassin was reffering too earlier. Now according to sandmans seems they made an ok dent wouldnt you agree? http://www.sandmans.co.uk/?p=viewgal...11&y=4&order=z

Now not claiming this will stop them winning of course it cant. And i have no idea if anyone else attacked that gal, however looking at sandmans too overall on alliances at the moment at tick 211 You can also see:

http://www.sandmans.co.uk/?p=rankalliance

To me i think p3ng had a pretty good nite overall. Does this look like the sign of an alliance which is doing 'nothing'? I dont think so. I agree with you this wont stop Apprime, however i am simply disputing you claiming they are usless when they can do that. Might only be a small morale boost for one nite only, but its a morale boost either way and good luck to them.
One night is not representative, especially a Saturday night. That fact aside, I didn't (mean to) say that Penguins are doing nothing, just that relative to the grand scheme of their objectives, it's as good as nothing.

Quote:
I agree yes i think they could. Would take a bit of organisation but yes i think it is of course possible. Which is why i said earlier they have a choice. Either turn full attention onto Apprime which you are requesting they do, or they can turn their attention to you. But the stronger you also get it becomes harder to stop you. Same theory you used in defending the fact people shouldnt wait to attack Apprime. We all know if done correctly. ingal cross defence can be as effective as having alliance defence.
Yes it's true that the longer the Ascendancy stronghold galaxies go untouched, the harder they will be to touch. However, you need to see the bigger picture. As we have already come to the conclusion that Penguins is unable to win by itself, and will therefore need allies, attacking one of their strongest (in terms of skill, not current value) potential allies now, would be a rather stupid move. I expect you can see the sense in that? On top of that, if Apprime are not taken down (for which as we have just agreed, Penguins will probably like the assistance of Ascendancy), Ascendancy themselves will never be in a position to win, because Apprime will be so dominant. Taking Ascendancy (or for that matter, any of the other alliances not at #1) down now, only serves to hinder your biggest problem, that of taking Apprime down. If you apply a bit of logic, you can see there is no real choice to be made, only a straight forward route of action. Please forgive my insults, it just hurts to see such silly mistakes being made, when the path forward is so obvious.

Quote:
Yes your 8th, but also as i have pointed out even with 15 members less then most of the top 3 your only around 600 roids behind them.
The gap is actually quite a bit bigger than that as the numbers shown are only for the top 60 members of each alliance. 15 members less, but only a few less counting to displayed scores.

Quote:
But can you blame them? If they all block and hit Apprime they risk Apprime napping with yourselves (asc) And that helps them how? The 2 strongest alliances working togther. Again as i stated its a matter of choice here im just pointing out both sides of the coin.
One step at a time. You can't not war Apprime now, because you fear Apprime will then nap Ascendancy, because you're then no closer to your goals and you've not even tried. A bit of foresight always helps, but you can't choose not to act - or worse, act in a detrimental way to your long term goals - because you fear something that may or may not happen. What's the point in even trying then? You might as well just give up now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k View Post
To be honest, yes, i expected his galaxy (almost all ascendancy) to defend him. Instead they said they would not defend him. But hey, we landed on him for lots of xp, so who cares right?
That's completely untrue. The galaxy would have defended him, but received no communication or assistance from NewDawn, and it was impossible for the galaxy to defend him alone.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote