View Single Post
Unread 28 Apr 2009, 18:28   #9
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Universal marketing and other stuff, micromanagement and so on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
Most want a complex game that they can become masters of and show off their great skills.
Disagree entirely. What mz said.

Adding more and more levels to the play (and more links on the left for new users to be baffled by) will just make new people get scared and not bother.

I've signed up to other MMORPGs in the past and been overwhelmed by the number of options and the huge manuals that accompany them. You're not looking at this from a newcomer's point of view.

In my opinion, you'd sign up a free planet with a choice of two races with entirely different tech trees. Like the original PA. Then if you bought a credit you'd have access to a few more races - not necessarily BETTER races, but with more options and versatility. You wouldn't have all the links on the left with a free planet either - Population wouldn't exist, neither would Politics or Covert Operations.

Easing people in gently. Etc.

don't know why I bothered writing that paragraph. It'll be ignored