View Single Post
Unread 25 Sep 2010, 02:31   #15
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alliance Size for next round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka View Post
Where is the problem in more diverse politics?
its not more diverse politics, its just block wars. PA hasnt had interesting and indepth politics in along time. I admit im wrong when im wrong and when i joined PA again i misjudged Asc, They were the dominate alliance by far and i took that against them. When in reality, they deserved to be dominate as they were by far the best alliance.

Now Asc has gone casual, we dont have an alliance at the top of the rankings dictating politics, so they're beneficial for PA or for the round. Insted, we have shit politics by shit alliances all trying to avoid war.

Quote:
You mean different than this round when 2 allies had 75% of T100 planets and where napped for most part?
Yes, that was my point. Alliances will be shit if they want to be shit, it doesnt matter what the tag limit is. If an alliance would recruit to victory and you impose a tag limit, they'd simply block to victory instead. The tag limit really doesnt serve much purpose, we've seen time and time again, it doesnt create more competition. The last proper competition was Asc vs Omen and that was nothing to do with the tag limit.

Quote:
Block rather than recruit...
I believe the main issue right now is that all alliances draw from a pool of 200-300 decent players. At a certain point (usually 1 week before round even starts) you can recruit whatever you like but there is not much left worth grabbing.
The theory behind small tags is that you force those players into more different tags - not 4-5 like we have now, thus creating a more diverse landscape.
Not really, Active players tend to want to play with other active players. Thats why the majority of rounds, we have a firm favourite.

Lets take for exampe osiris, people in osiris didnt join osiris due to the tag limit. They joined due to the HC or maybe the previous round, no-one said X is full and Y is full, so i shall join Osiris. They joined as its the alliance they thought they'd feel most comfortable in (and that pre-round, osiris was expect to do well).

Another example would be the xVx/Asc round. With only xVx and Asc at near full tag, you cant use the argument that it forced people to join other alliances. People go where they want to go, and alliances tend to recruit whoever they want,

Quote:
It's infintely more complicated and time-consuming to run alliance with 80 ppl compared to 30 ppl - probably resulting in more players willing to step up as HC.
Not really, whatever your member count, you still need 24/7 DC coverage and thats where most alliance fail.

[/quote]
I am of the opinion that PA hasn't tried out an effective alliance limit yet (in the region of 25-35), which might force the creation of maybe 10 competitivie alliances. Not saying that it will be better, just sayin that it can't be much worse than the powerblock we had for most of this round.[/quote]

Im of the opinion, that if PA has to reduce alliance limits to 30.. then PA is completly dead.

You even said yourself, you dont even know if it would be better, then why the hell are you suggesting it.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote