View Single Post
Unread 14 Aug 2007, 12:57   #18
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Round 23 Ship Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
firstly what race you would play and how you would play it...
I would go cathaar. A large corvette fleet coupled with scarabs, spiders, and scorpions for defensive measures. I'd probably ignore cruisers at large. Sounds a little eccentric, but avoids the stackability problems of tarantula and scorpion, and gives a very strong barrier against both xandathrii fleets, and helps against the zikonian one too. Battleships are zerolossed, so there's no need to worry about them. Scarabs are also strong enough to discourage some cruiser incomings, but the destroyers will be the hard part. There's good room to hit xandathrii and eitrades, and less fighter heavy terrans and less frigate heavy zikonians. With a big enough corvette bulk I can play chicken with cathaars too if necessary. I'd rely on the fast research to give me an early ETA advantage while keeping on the hulls research.

The alternative path would be terran. With no overlapping in the attack fleets, an overall build between destroyers and battleships with the fighter spiceup for alliance defences seems like a plausible option. The destroyers will be able to put some attrition to EMP counterparts and there's the option to play chicken with xandathrii (albeit less attractive one). The battleships will trample past eitrades and xandathrii, and wreck havoc amongst less destroyer heavy zikonians too. The real threat would be the thief, with the two EMP fleets potentially causing trouble with teamups. Anticipating easy roids I'd happily rush for destroyers and hog xandathrii defence fleets to block out thieves with.

For xandathrii, it's between a rock and a tough place. The bomber is really too weak to be a plausible addition against zikonians - thus rendering fighters less useful if there's any thieves around. You could build a bunch, and strive against either of the two EMPs, but it's better to have some tough target to hit too - and against pegasus you're down by 10%+ by default, so it's not such an attractive target either. Banshees would probably remain a fake/defensive asset, with the frigates forming the major chunk of the fleet, targetting mainly eitrades and zikonian. I'd probably eventually get buttraped - there's a high chance there'll be successful terrans around, and wyverns will just fart at my face, even if brokers were workable with, which they hardly are, with 110%+ efficiency and no real destroyer antibattleship to pair with except for other spectres. I'd take comfort of the fact that I'd be a lousy low-pod target and try chunk my way in for roids until zikonians steal harpies and eitrades gets butt****ed hard.

I could also go zikonian, relying on the fact that they did the best job last round, and they're largely unchanged - granted, nightmares may hit you better, or not - but at least the corsair's now stronger. With the attractive option for cathaars to pull corvette heavy and abandon cruisers at large, I'd be even happier enough with my marauders probably getting less EMP blasts at them through round. The few things that would spell trouble are eitrades battleships - they're hopefully buttraped and have small fleets - and terran battleships, which I can't do much about. Spectre defences and scorpion defences work better for me though, so I'll hog some of those hopefully, or even steal a few scorps with some clever stunt I'm yet to come up. Of course, there's the chances of ingal farming drakes.

I'd probably slit my wrists before going eitrades. On the other hand, I'm glad we don't need to call it wintrades anymore. Voyager is a poor man's beetle, and I don't really know what the vendor is, but at least it scores in the chicken games against the merchant. There's a definate need to resist the temptation to build any dealers, as they're just inferior - if there will be cruiser cathaars around, they're best dealt with by a pack of tycoons coupled with brokers. This saying, terrans will now run over you, the high chances are you'll see quite a few cathaar corvette incomings too, and nightmares will bust your rear too. Glad there's still the ability to piss more on xans. It's like the main food for both your attack fleets, with the corvettes having a distant possibility to attack zikonians, too. No, don't do that - attack them with brokers too.

Eitrades and xandathrii seem a little weak.
Zikonian remains (very) strong.
Cathaar seems about "right" as JBG said.
Terrans may be a little strong, or then it's just the weakness of etd and xan.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote