Thread: Fort Gals
View Single Post
Unread 30 Dec 2009, 00:47   #8
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough
Re: Fort Gals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
In fairness, around tick 336 fortress galaxies tend to get 2 extra planets, which is a luxury most other galaxies don't have. Then again, this is largely due to a lack of organisation in the "normal" galaxies, not due to some intrinsic property of fortress galaxies. 3 to 5 is total bollocks though.

Agreeing with the rest if your post.
You forget the true luxoury of fortress galaxies: You control the players in there, they are in your high profile alliance and will play fully, so by the time you get your late signups your gal will be filled with active/good players.

This is not the case in none fortress galaxies. As soon as you get 2 late-signups you can pretty much forget about getting good exiles as you won't be able to get back into the exile bracket.

Basicly this means all the exiles you'll need to do have to be done before tick 336. Every noob that lands in your galaxy takes 48 ticks to kick out. This is not taking into account players that just stop appearing after tick 400 (we had two of those last round, I'd have kicked them but we'd still be miles away of the exile bracket).

The big difference isn't the number of planets in the galaxies, it's the number of played planets.

Now, I'm not pro/against fortress galaxies. It's not that hard to get a fortress gal, but I've just not decided to play in fortress galaxies.

Just wanted to bring in a view from a none-fortress T10 - galaxy last round.