View Single Post
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 04:47   #11
Melesse
The Nephilim

Melesse is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: XP for successfull defense

Well, you can abuse attacking that way too, so unless you want to remove exp from attacking....

I still don't see any reason whatsoever not to include xp for defending, except to continue to encourage people to attack more, and ignore defense. You can still encourage that, while providing an alternative playstyle for defensive players, either by reducing salvage and including xp, or making xp very small for defending. Additionally, you could create research trees that include a choice between attacking or defending, as to which you gain the most xp with. And whichever one you don't choose you get a 50% penalty on the XP you would have gotten. I would happily give up most of my attacking xp for some defensive xp.

And Makhil, that's a terrible reward. Who cares about roids, it's value that's important. In fact, other then Zik, I'm not sure any race should really be defending it's roids unless the attacker sent structure killers. It's way easier just to send two fleets out attacking, and one with the rest of your fleet and let them take the roids and go harvest some more XP. I'm surprised so many people defend.

Melesse