View Single Post
Unread 19 May 2015, 23:23   #53
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: Blue's Stat Set Rnd 62

Terran almost seems to be without a role in these stats.
Ter fi; what does it bring to the fi team? Etd and Xan between them shoot before ter fi.
Ter fr; zik and xan clearly need each other for the Clipper and the Vsh but do they need a ter? The Centaur has the init advantage over its xan teammate's Apparation, but it does not have the init over any battleships that target fr except the Scorpion which is frankly hardly likely to be a common ship.
Ter bs; both its etd teammates ships out init ter bs so why bother?

I understand that this is partially a problem caused by having 3 pods each meaning there are pointless fleets. And I realise that it makes a teamup much worse if it has to rely on three different fleets rather than just two. But I am not sure that is an excuse for having a race that is relegated to being pretty much unhelpful to anyone else, and is at the same time not likely to be good at solo roiding.

On a totally different issue the Peacekeeper seems a very odd ship. Lower D/C and A/C than any other xan ship, combined with being heavy hulls (for slow research xan) when xan in these stats dont need heavy hulls, it does not have the init advantage over the attack fleets it targets, so why would anyone build it?

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote