View Single Post
Unread 23 Nov 2014, 20:53   #83
Idler

Idler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the rough
Re: XP is broken. fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
I don't think anyone who has thought about this issue has said that xp is fine as it is. It's way too OP atm but it is far from broken. With less offensive stats this thread would probably never gave happened.

I think that if there can be a suitable nerf to the MCS (cap them) and with different stats there is no issue at all.

Players should not be forced to play value only tho to win the game. I could spend 17 hrs a day on the game but if I sleep for the other 7 depending on my time zone I'm screwed. Maybe sorting out attacks and defence which is actually broken would be a better place to start rather than picking on something that has only been an issue for 2 rounds, and only then to ppl who like to moan.

Make the game more playable more people and not exclusively just to those outside Europe or people willing to get up at 3am to play with spreadsheets.
Something being "way too OP" is the definition of broken (same is true if something is on the other end of the scale)... When you force a result outside of the intended design, then something is broken.

The shipstats are complete garbage and whoever designed them should just not do it again. Allowing xan FI to be able to anihiliate all classes except terrans is somewhat of a outstanding joke.

The argument that you have to spend so much time on a valueplanet is such a garbage argument, because you continue to insist that you have to "sort out attacks, defense, bcalcs, bla bla".

Honestly you can do just *amazing* by simply logging in at TP, take a target, launch, go to bed, repeat. There will always be people that do the hard labor because thats how they enjoy the game. Filling out a bcalc takes what, 30 seconds, a couple copypastes and done. Requesting scans ingame. Done.

There is literally no reason why a XP planet and a value planet *need* to spend more time on the game than another unless you think that value planets each run their own alliance 24/7.

"rather than picking on something that has only been an issue for 2 rounds, and only then to ppl who like to moan."

Only 2 rounds hu. 2354 ticks, or 98 days. That is totally not enough time for people to whine about a issue thats affecting the whole round. Damn whiners who want balance.

Mabe come up with some examples as to whats broken with attack and defence, other than the obvious stat issues.

One last thing: the argument that "this wouldnt be a problem" if the stats were more defensive. What exactly is it about a XP planet that is ever defensive ? For a planet to work it needs to have at least 1 or 2 classes/races that it will overrun, and a XP planet will do that 24/7, no matter what the stats are