View Single Post
Unread 9 Dec 2015, 11:45   #36
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Prelaunch(again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adapt View Post
No PL is fine as it is, it was changed before and it sucked and due to it being shit it was changed back, the people that are voting "Yes" are simply from a better timezone than the likes of myself and alot of other players, that im 100% sure do not want to set alarms to get up and send ships in a virtual space war game with 400 active accounts if even..so i agree with gm ;p
As far as I can see, there are 2 factors that currently make night attacks better than evening or morning attacks:
1) Everyone launches at night, and there's safety in numbers. This means alliances are forced to set launch ticks at ungodly-hour o'clock, because everyone else does so. This makes launching at an unusual time much less effective than launching at prime-time.
2) Most people sleep at night, so there's fewer defense fleets available to stop attacks launched at that time. With fewer defense fleets to counter you, your landing rate increases.

Evidently, both mechanisms contribute to making night attacks more efficient, but the question is, which one (if any) is the main factor? Since we currently lack data to answer that question objectively, neither hypothesis can be disproved. Given that, this tendency by (primarily, though not exclusively) the pro-prelaunch faction to ridicule and dismiss the anti-prelaunch faction as 'obviously' wrong is intellectually dishonest. Nothing in this thread is 'obvious'. You have a viable hypothesis, but you're overextending by pretending it's the only hypothesis. Phrases like "you're probably all live launchers", "removing it clearly doesn't favour anyone" and "the mighty butcher" are veiled insults aimed at dismissing a proposal and its proponents, without bothering to formulate any arguments to counter it.

There's 2 possibilities, neither of which has any supporting data, Bram's efforts notwithstanding. For example, something I'd be interested in seeing is how the fraction of prelaunch use changed when prelaunchedness (that's a word now) showed up on Incoming Scans, and whether using prelaunch meaningfully reduces your landing rate compared to live launching. Unless anyone can come up with that or some other useful data for us to look at, all that remains is for the powers that be to make a decision. Or a guess, really.

Fortunately for you, inaction is effectively a decision in your favour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
They will still be able to prelaunch.
Did you even read the thread?
I think people mentioning they'd like prelaunch to be removed altogether might have slightly sidelined the thread. For my part in that, my apologies.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 9 Dec 2015 at 11:53.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote