View Single Post
Unread 8 Dec 2015, 23:39   #32
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: Prelaunch(again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
Which is NOT the case in your current proposal.

From your starting point:

This also affects DEFENCE fleets!
If you get a FR incoming and defend against it with FI and if you PL that defence fleet 1 tick - which is usually the case! - then you will not be able to use that fleet immediately when the attacker recals at eta 7.
The defence will be stuck with a 1 tick return time.

And more important: this round there are already 4 alliances which live launch 40+% of their attack fleet between 01:00 and 06:00 !
So even without PL you would still have had at least 40% of the fleets. And possibly more.. since those that are now on PL+1 would likely just live launch.. or land tick set one tick earlier..

These attack fleets will require you to wake up defenders - defenders which in turn can then also live launch their attack fleets.

The problem you want to solve: incomings during the night.
Your propsed solution: rework prelaunch. In the very best case that would have reduced nightly incomings this round to 40% of what they were.
And even that is stretching it.. For the fleets that PL+1 the extra 1 tick return time hardly matters after TT4 finished..
(And before TT4 it would just be a live launch because of the slower travel)

If you really want to lower nighty incs then the suggestions from Paisley make a bit more sense..
For example: higher XP gain for fleets launched during the day could make sense from a game point of view.. Landing an attack during the day requires more experience after all since it is easier to get covered - since people are awake..
Initialy i left out wether the "prelaunch" penalty would affect both defending and attacking fleets, intentionaly.
Do i think it should be a penalty for prelaunching def? no.
Why do i want a "return" penalty for prelaunching attacking? so people cant "fake prelaunch" to soak up defence.

As i said in the start of the thread, beign able to DC during "early" night hours makes defence a lot easier, having 60-100 calls down to one person each night to set up calcs for/calling defence for/etc etc is too demanding. And you could simply just use all your def fleets at once IF you wake up during the midnight for "live launcehd" and "prelaunched fleets.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote