View Single Post
Unread 17 Feb 2006, 23:12   #25
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of
Re: free round and the turd starts again !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
I was v.tired when i wrote that so maybe I just didnt explain things clearly.

What i tried to imply was free rounds by their very nature allow players who couldnt commit to a p2p round (by choice or not), to play. That a p2p round will filter out lots or players, some good, some bad! Pretty simplistic view on things I know (especially as recent p2p also allow freebies) but that was all i was really trying to get at. Oh and supposedly free rounds increase the playbase, so increases the chance of players taking part who would do mean things! :P
Increased playerbase during free round are just another urban myth.

Quote:
I'm also surprised you think DoS attacks arent usually connected with the rank of an alliance? Not just because lower ranked allies are less likely to run a priv server in the first place but someone with your experience should certainly know that some do anything to gain the upperhand. I dont mean to imply HCs order such things btw, as usually it's the dodgy f#cks in their lower ranks who take it upon themself.
Angels were a top10 alliance since round12, we never used a private server. Some other top20 alliances use private server and get DoS attack, therefore the chances of top20 alliances to get attack are technically higher than ours. I demand you revise this theory of yours.

Quote:
But as i said in the previous post, misty aint no noob HC. She's been around the block many a time ( ;P ;P ), she's got a pretty good idea of the difference between server connection & dosing.
She could know only if there was Server log to confirm them. I would also include them in the thread next time, just to make sure i look proffessional and not ranting/crying about the situation.

Quote:
In regards to the ongoing need of evidence thing, I dont think the thread was created to get the judgement of AD. I dont think misty was asking for advice if this was a dossing or not, to me it seemed like an exhaling of dissapointment.
To me it seemed another witchunt. A quest after some kind of ghost or myth. I am usually a sceptic person, i demand proof in order to believe.
Pardon me if I am a little bit harsh on you, It just seems wrong to assume such thing in public when you offer very little proof.