Thread: POTW Voting.
View Single Post
Unread 29 May 2005, 21:10   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: POTW Voting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
For something on the internet to be 'good' it should be either interesting or funny.
The three quotes fulfil neither of those criteria.
"Interest" is pretty irrelevent when you're talking about posts of about 10 words - you've finished before you really have to make a value judgement against continuing or not. I can't think of any short posts offhand that are "interesting" in and of themselves - they can contain, for example, information that is interesting ("Did you know that dingos have been travelling to the moon since 1952?") but are not interesting in and of themselves.

My post, for example, contains a bit of wordplay - a thing which is, by and large, throwaway. You can be interested in the practice, you can find humour in the individual examples, but by and large they're not designed to be either interesting or funny - just clever. And sometimes not even that.

Moving on, I believe we have had several nominations (and perhaps even winners) that have been links to "funny pictures" or similar. I don't believe this is really suitable for "Post of the Week", because the quality of the post itself is utterly irrelevent. Or rather, I believe people shouldn't vote for it. Anything that's nominated should be included in the poll.

You're doing the internet wrong, people.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote