View Single Post
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 15:39   #28
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Rewarding shitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
Let them come out of it, a good number will not realise in time, so they'll be 'punished' for exploiting appocomasters brain lapse.
While it is kind of funny to warn people in vacation mode that vacation mode is ending by using a PA mail, you're underestimating them. People who go into vacation mode to avoid incs don't stay away for 3 days. They sit in ally channels congratulating themselves. That's what we do when we pull off an unconventional strategy, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitz View Post
To be honest i would have thought Asc members of all people would have appreciated a move like this.
Going into vacation mode for any reason whatsoever has never really been in Ascendancy's book-of-moves-we-like. Someone suggested we should do it, earlier in the round, in protest of the stagnation. The outcome of the poll was 2 in favour, 36 against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unimatrix View Post
the planets that went into vac should be removed from the alliance score. Or deleted or closed. They knew gooing into vac is against the rules. Dont blame appoc for forgetting punish the abusers not the enablers .
Considering that it's PA Team's task to keep the game running, holding them accountable actually seems like a fairly reasonable thing to do. Further considering that Appoco is always the one to send the "we are disabling vacation mode" mail, we can deduce that it is his responsibility. The fact that he didn't live up to his responsibilities is the direct cause of why this was possible in the first place.

On the other hand, this would also have been possible if Appoco hadn't forgotten, just a few days ago instead of now.

As for "abusing" vacation mode... it's a counter-productive strategy. It pisses almost everyone off, costs you 3 days of income (that's over 32m value if all of NFI went into vacation mode) and when you come out you can still be hit, only this time by larger fleets. In all honesty, I can't say I could call a move like that "abuse".

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
Its nice to see the removal of vac mode has reminded ppl of that other awesome avoidance strategy: to C200 with the lotta ya!
The same applies here, except instead of "no income" read "no size growth". I can't think of any instance in which this actually worked out.

I'm not sure how many people tried to pull this off, but the one case I know of involves someone whose size rank is already lower than his value and score ranks. It doesn't take a mathematical genius to realise this isn't going to gain him anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolezy View Post
You nailed it! That's the reason we went into vacation mode. Definitely thought our lead of 40 mill was in trouble.
Don't forget you only had a 50k roid lead. It was either this or giving up!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote