Thread: Truth
View Single Post
Unread 3 Aug 2006, 15:26   #39
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I pointed that out myself last night. I think it's rather marvellous that our dictionary contains two definitions of the same word that aren't identical.
well, dictionaries are kind of a confusing exception to this whole thing. whether people believe the earth revolves around the sun or not, the 'fact' is the same. but if everyone believes that word X means Y, then word X does mean Y, nevermind what it meant yesterday.

e.g., it may right now be a factoid that factoid means "a piece of trivia, a random fact". but if eventually everyone thinks that, then that being the definition of factoid will be...a factoid, I guess:/

anyway.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote