View Single Post
Unread 9 Feb 2017, 22:07   #7
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: Round stagnation

Winning by politics is a perfectly acceptable way of winning. I have never understood the idea that it is somehow less worthwhile. If an alliance has managed to put itself in a position where it wins without fighting then that is the best play you can manage! Keep everyone underneath fighting and ensure you have no one who wants to hit you more than the person they are currently at war with. It seems to have worked brilliantly. Of course I am not wild about the way this round has stagnated at p3n's expense but you cant really blame app for wanting to do the best they can politically.

Indeed we are in a situation where everyone's actions have been nicely rational and that has lead to the stagnation.

1, as mentioned above it is rational for app to want to reduce incs. Their way of doing it has been to avoid annoying anyone by ensuring they only hit one alliance and stick to the plan.

2, Ult and Norse fought each other for first as you would expect. Unfortunately neither won so in a three way race neither could afford to take on app. 2 vs 1 that alliance would never win.

3, the smaller alliances all put the onus on the challengers to take on app. Why should they do those two alliances work for them when it would replace app with someone else? They dont like what happens to p3nguins but wont risk it happening to them by hitting app.

4, people below that? no longer enough of them im afraid. Gather up all the small alliances and they would have no chance of challenging app.

Back onto your post and questions. Will p3n agree to keeping deals less than 200 ticks? Probably not, but we would not go for a round long agreement without exceptional circumstances... but then I guess norse and Ult thought it was exceptional circumstances!

Edit: things to avoid stagnation. Smaller tags would; more allies and it gets more difficult to nap them all. The reasons for bigger tags or against smaller ones are mostly nothing to do with politics - they are things like a lack of officers.
The war button could have more effect when hitting an alliance above you to provide an incentive to take a risk to go for first. The war button could potentially only be used on tags of similar size or bigger (whether that should be in numbers, or score, or roids I dont know!) a bit like the bash limit, again to encourage fighting upwards.

Otterly an Otter.

Last edited by booji; 9 Feb 2017 at 22:13.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote