View Single Post
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 07:58   #41
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of
Re: is thinking about children sexually wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Without wishing to be difficult : Define "wrong".

Do you mean undesirable? Certainly (for the individual in question).

Morally wrong? No. So long as an individual can control themselves there is no problem with thinking whatever. There are no thought crimes.
I disagree.
There may be no thought 'crimes', but morality is different to the legal system. Legally, of course, you cannot be prosecuted for wanting to kill someone. However, a 'crime' implies some action fulfilled, but surely to be in the wrong (in the moral sense), you need not have actually committed the crime? To have wanted to commit the crime cannot be morally justified - if a perfect being existed it would never consider doing wrong.

PS. I found my arguement becoming a frayed at the edges, so I googled ('morality of thought') for clarification. This is basically an expanded version of what I tried to say.