Thread: Planetarion app
View Single Post
Unread 13 Mar 2016, 03:04   #29
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Planetarion app

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoXiouS View Post
I've been toying with an idea of "modernized PA" for a good while (yes, I have an idea of what I'm talking about, I've done games for a living and will do so again, did my masters thesis on game usability blablabla), it's just that... spreadsheets don't evolve into something fancy and "modern game" -like that easy, especially spreadsheets with such critical social elements like PA. Various development tools would allow publishing to both mobile and browser at the same time, covering ~90% of the population with smartphones, which could get a larger playerbase, if it makes it out of the dumpyards where most of the games end up these days.

What comes to a PA app... pretty much the same deal as with the "modernized PA" -game, but even harder to make it out of the masses, 700 players is hardly a target audience for anyone to create an app. And would it have to be a complete game experience in the app, or just an app that does push notices when you get incs and gives browser links with a token based login (auto-login for those less techy) etc. ? (If you aren't using e-mail notifications already, that might help your experience a tad). Pushing all the game in to a somewhat mobile friendly app-interface that's not another browser just plainly is a no go, ofc a more mobile friendly UI or skin could be done, which changes the long descriptions and links to somewhat understandable icons or something, but... then again, if you really, really think about it, everyone already has a PA app in their phones (or a combination of 2-3 apps really) *Browser*, *E-mail* and possibly *IRC/Slack/WA/Telegram/whatnot* you decide to use for communication and if you could convince me that an APP that had all those qualities would somehow be possible, I'm sure one would have already been made in one form or another (most likely not PA in mind tho), as the true idea what these PA-APP threads have been searching for is a frigging browser with integrated chat properties and fancy icons.
So basically exactly what I said except a few tech phrases and the 'I have experience' tag line at the start?

Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote