Thread: Angels/NewDawn
View Single Post
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 09:21   #542
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Angels/NewDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog
How is it any different?
It is the EXACT same thing. The only difference would be in scale & timing.
So its perfectly fine for 1up & any other alliance to kick inactives & add in actives with better score throughout the round, but if its all done at once theres something wrong with it?
I've gotta say that's one big pile of crap.
If its wrong, its wrong. Scale & timing can't change something from being perfectly acceptable to something deplorable.
It's the scale and timing that makes it entirely different, surely you aren't too dim to see that. Adding planets throughout the round is soemthing everyone does and is part of the game. Adding 14/15 very high scoring planets close to the end with the intention of gaining ranks is not.

Quote:
Well I actually find nothing unethical with TomKats actions, but he was aware of what our style of play would be & what my expectations were before he joined. In fact I believe TomKat quite enjoyed his stay with us & his only reason for leaving was because his top 10 score had suddenly become attractive enough to 1up for them to accept him.
By definition of the world hypocrisy you don't like what he did and therefore you _do_ have a problem with it. Possibly unethical was the wrong word but it still got up your nose.

TomKat did apply to 1up before ticks started and we did want to take him because he has a good history with all the 1up command. However, there were concerns about his activity which, given the nature of limited alliance places, made the decision a dificult one ultimately ending in 1up turning down his app in favour of someone we thought would be more active. In the end he showed his activity was good and he would be a bonus to 1up, why should we take him?

Quote:
Again it is completely comparable, it is the exact same thing. OK so 1up kicks inactives & adds recruits once a week or whatever it is. Instead of waiting & doing it all at once. Again the only difference would be on the matter of scale & timing.
I'm beginning to see why you're defending TomKats hypocrisy, it seems you have a case of it yourself.
You're really graspign at straws here. If you you're genuinely saying kicking 3/4 inactives during the round and adding a real applicant with vouches and interviews is comparable with waiting until late in the round to remove inactive and add appraoching a third of the total number of permissable members in a bid to achieve a ranking you didn't deserve is comparable then you're either stupid or just have no argument. I, personally, don't think it's the former.

Quote:
I didn't at any point call TomKat names, I like TomKat, I found him to be a good guy to have around during his stay with us.
I simply pointed out the hypocrisy of something he posted.
To call someone a hypocrite is to call someone a name. Last I heard freedom of choice was the right of everyone. If TomKat preferred 1up of DLR thats your loss and our gain.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote