Thread: SiN/TGV
View Single Post
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 12:26   #28
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: SiN/TGV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain
Gotta be there to realise how hard it is to actually keep an alliance alive. Merging was probably the best solution in this case, I don´t see why some ppl are against this rule. Probably not retarded, but obsessively arguing with everyone not sharing his thoughts. Oh well, ever thought you might be wrong, wakey? That in some cases merging benefits the ppl involved, hence the game?
I know how hard it is to keep an alliance alive, and I’ve not once said that I don’t think mergers can have an advantage for the game. In fact I state so in my first post on this thread. The merger system though has always been a system that helps 2 alliances motivate themselves more while demotivating many others who find their hard work is overturned by others circumnavigating certain restrictions that those doing normal recruitment have to put up with.

The admin mergers were always bad enough as it allowed alliances to recruit players from an alliance without them going through the 72 tick alliance less period but this round its even worse. The score system is such that if TGV had gone out and started recruiting SiN people through normal channels they would have found that from a score and ranking pov they wouldn’t have grown much, the only score increase they would see would be the score gained during the 72 tick wait period. Everyone is aware of these score restrictions but a number of alliances (and not just SiN/TGV they are just the most well known) are merging to get around this or trying to merge to get around it.

There shouldn’t be any benefits to merging that aren’t also present in normal recruiting. After all surely the main point of a merge isn’t the rank gain but the improved infrastructure. The score gain shouldn’t be an issue in the merge and it certainly shouldn’t give them a score gain that goes against the whole setup for alliance score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genosse27
and people should stop to cry. its not like exi merged with the penis-allianz :P
i think its good for pa. now tgv has a little more impact to game dynamics.
It shouldn’t matter if it’s a merge for first place or a merge for 30th place. The later may not affect you like the first one maybe does but there’s people who it does effect. For too long the whole line by the vocal community and to a lesser extent PAteam has been “It doesn’t matter what negative effect it has as long as it isn’t a negative effect for the top5” which is wrong as the impact especially this round is the same no matter who it is, it just doesn’t generally effect the people on this forum
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote