View Single Post
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 13:13   #129
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: What Should be Taught in Schools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Whilst I will admit that at my school the "introduction to programs you use in IT" section of the IT GCSE course was before the course started, the two facts that it was done the summer before and that we spent 99% of our time pissing around during the actual course it self suggest to me that it would be plausible to teach it at the start of said IT course. Given that these people are studying IT, you'd hope it would also limit the number of people who would reject doing it because they don't know what it's for.
Because it isn't the job of the Science, Maths, Geography, History or whichever other subjects require data analysis for their GCSE coursework to teach it. Years 10 & 11 are crammed enough without taking them through Microsoft Excel 101. So ICT is taught to them for Key Stage 3. Then when they get to Key Stage 4 (GCSE) they are equipped to use it.

My concern is that they'd be better equipped if they learnt more while using it. To learn more while using it, you need to adapt the curriculum so it engages them. To engage them, you need to think of things they'd be interested in (such as my example of inputting scores from the premier league and seeing how cell relations change the values).