View Single Post
Unread 19 Mar 2016, 15:28   #157
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Re: R66 Stat opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
The thing I found strangest about this whole stats thing is that Patrikc and him worked on Pat's set for a significant amount of time without managing to convince Jintao they were useable, while Jintao's own rush job was ready for prime time almost immediately. I suspect there's some kind of (unintentional!) bias in play, whereby the stats maker has a harder time finding flaws with their own stats than with others'.

A lesson for next time!

My take away from it was that my stats were not chosen because of negative feedback, and the alliance fleet feature was a convenient excuse to change to ST. According to Jintao, the complaints were all contradicting each other, and he, as 'stats admin' should be able to see beyond that and know what's better for the game. We worked on it for several weeks and after the initial phase I was under the impression that mine would likely be used, and if not he had a back up set he was working on. Neither ended up being used. The whole point of having someone as 'admin' was to prevent having last minute stats.

He should also have been informed of the new feature the moment it was being seriously considered and/or coded, and he should be involved in deciding what BP size/method to use, because both of these affect how stats can play out. They're all connected and treating them as separate entities was a big factor in this round's half-assed final stats.

These stats weren't the result of the current 'process', it's a result of the process still needing to be refined 15 years into the game.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote