Thread: Africa
View Single Post
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 00:50   #15
zakoff
Evul Critter

zakoff is on a distinguished road
Re: Africa

Nantoz where did you get that statistic from? 25%?

I hear new HIV/Aids statistics for Africa all the time, there is a new set everytime the issue is mentioned on the news... Yet Africa isn't depopulating... Infact most countries, including the areas worst affected by Aids, are growing healthily in population. I'm damn sure Aids is a problem but i disagree with people hightlighting it all the time. It costs $300 to treat someone who has aids, that is to make them more comfortable and to live for slightly longer.

The biggest killing diseases in Africa are Malaria, Tuberculosis, Typhoid, Mumps and Rubella and a whole string of other diseases that we DON'T have in the UK. Most are treatable or have vaccines that cost a whole lot less than the treatment for Aids, but no one gives a monkies about the 100,000 people killed by TB etc, because Freddy Mercury didn't die of it. I wish the WHO would stop scare mongering with Aids and start helping africans with diseases we can cure heh.

I think Sudan takes the medal for the biggest mess at the moment. At a time when America and Britain can send forces to kill Iraqi's, they can't send even a peace keeping force to the Sudan to protect a few Africans.