View Single Post
Unread 19 Mar 2016, 21:25   #10
Jintao
The evil stats guy

Jintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of light
Re: R67 Shipstats proposals

Ok i don't get all the complaints about too many restrictions...
  • Steal ships can't chain steal into a class they can't naturally steal into or steal there own class => This one i can understand the opposition against, but this is kind of the only thing appoco cares about in stats even if he doesn't always spot them...
  • No more than 2 ships / class / race (excluding pods, sk's and resource ships) => pat did 3 and everyone flipped over it being too defensive
  • 2 pod classes / race => most sets actually have this formula already
  • Maximum 8 combat ships / race (excluding pods, sk's and resource ships) => The majority of sets don't have more than 8 combat ships / race
  • No single targeting set ( MT or mixed MT/ST ) => Don't think anyone wants 2 ST rounds in a row
  • Races have a balanced solo/teamup roiding ability (Not xan fi can roid everything and zik cr can only roid emp) => who doesn't want a "balanced" set? Nowhere does it say a perfectly balanced set

So basically if you ignore the first item it matches what most sets are like already today. So what is wrong with saying what is more or less considered to be the default for the majority of the rounds? Or is everyone just tripping over that 1 item regarding steal ships in non zik races?

For all the rest below that it gives you crazy freedom and furthermose appoco is open to anything cause he helped me put that list together based on what's possible inside the current game setup.

So overall i would say you have more freedom than ever before since most probably didn't even know these possibilities before today. The only real limitation is not being able to create 5 pods / race and 20 ships / race. But i think 2 pods and 8 normal ships is plenty for a good solid set.

So seriously people stop being part of the problem and start being part of the solution.