Thread: Internet forums
View Single Post
Unread 22 May 2007, 20:37   #47
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of
Re: Internet forums

Now let's get this into some kind of perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Humour my curiosity Maladoni. First time for everything after all.

Why be such a ****? Anybody who knows me would laugh in your face at the thought of me being freckley or ugly like you tried to make me look. To be honest people that dont know me that well would say your being a ****, and a stupid one at that.

Why the hate? Seriously I want to know why. Are you trying to look big in front of your peers, which is lame because i will burn you every time, or have I done something to upset you? I seriously hope for your sake its the latter and I apologise in advance, because if it's the former I dont think you need to bother replying
Quote:

GD has a core of decent posters, they just arent very active. On the other hand, PB is almost uniformly filled with terrible human beings and their best posters are still somewhat active here (Tomkat/skiddy/Dace and kila, which pretty much sums it up). If we were doing internet-drafts then I'd maybe take Europatriot and idimmu from there but apart from that its a barren land.
You are quite correct, I don't know you. I've never met you. I'm only quoting what I have heard on the forums. If that is incorrect then you have my sincerest apologies. However Nodrog, you also don't know me, anybody from PB will tell you nothing I post is serious. Tongue is in cheek always.

However, you ask why the hate?

Quote:

PB is almost uniformly filled with terrible human beings
I read TK's post (which he has since reformed) and responded in the way I usually do. You know, the tongue was in the cheek. I read yours, and to be honest it put my back up. It made me angry. It made me angry because I think in all earnestness I thought you were being serious.

(I'm still a virgin really, today I asked Furball what a Troll was and we had our first instance of it happening on PB).

We have a nice little growing community, maybe its not filled with intellectuals, but we all p**s away many hours having fun and getting along a treat, thank you very much. What you said is so removed from the truth its unreal. Maybe in fact, you did have your tongue in your Troll's cheek and I totally misread (just like I did for Deffeh's post. Which incidentally I very quickly took back when he explained to me)* Don’t think for a second I was disappointed with myself for being a mong, but GD is not the most welcoming of places. It’s a bit scary to get paranoia on the web when in the real world it’s just a 70’s record!

No offence to anybody hear but "Tomkat/skiddy/Dace and kila" are hardly PB's best posters. TK is a great poster even if he employs a "cynical and negative" attitude, but, nobody there cares. Skiddy, Dace and Kila have probably delivered less than 0.5% of content (I'm not just talking about posts here either) on PB.

I don't really think you know PB that well or understand what's its all about, so to say its filled with "terrible human beings" is not just not on, and then not expect a reaction is silly. Albeit you got an angry one, one which I regret. I guess I hold that place as dear to me as you do GD to you. So seriously Gordon, if I have sincerely upset you, I am sorry. I genuinely mean that.

So what do we have here. It's a Mexican stand off no?. We neither understand each other and maybe we don't want to. That's a shame but I think we can both live with it

* Kila, god bless him linked the whole of PB with Deffeh PM work. I saw it and I belly laughed. It was seriously good work. Funny and mischievous. Now that kinda stuff would go down a storm on PB! Get ya sel across man.

Peace.

Last edited by Maladoni; 22 May 2007 at 20:52.
Maladoni is offline   Reply With Quote