View Single Post
Unread 29 Sep 2010, 15:25   #65
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Alliance Size for next round

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
out of tag defence is forbidden and coded not to be possible, unless its naped alliance that u will be defending..
nothing in this this part changes.. and why fi/co? concerning ure idea it is doable at this point as well, 2 biggest alliances making preround agreement and going fi/co as napped and defending each other

i cant get ure point on this one tbh, im sorry :S
I'll presume that you are being genuine (and not being a wind up merchant) in asking this... so I'll be polite

Alliance setup

unless you nap as you said...
lets say you have alliance X who can have potental membership of say 100
and say if the alliance limit is 40.
There is nothing stopping an alliance to have 3 tags like
Alliance X 1st team (either a mix of good and medicore or top 40)
Alliance X 2nd team (either a mix of good and medicore or otherwise)
Alliance X 3rd team (Scanners and "support planets")
I'll refer to this as the Intertag alliance.

"Support planets" being those types of planets that seem to magically have 1 ship type and often go on a 1 way trip to the defending planet ie salvage donating. A point I have no faith in the MH team to police effectively.

having seperate tags but then NAPing so that they can cross def even with +1 eta. (A creative way of combining tags as I would call it to a degree)
if they go races that have fi/co pods as attack fleets.
Usually this is Xan and Cath but have seen ziks picking up fi/co pods by questionable means in previous rounds. Another point I have no faith in MH to police effectively.

Ingame Mechanics

Reason for this is simple... Work on the basis that hypergate has been researched aka tt4 or eta-4 research by all parties.

fi/co fleet has an eta 8 in base when on attack and goes eta 7 when red.

Which means that there is only 40 people in the alliance that can defend against it and or ingal defense... Xans having the potenal to do fakes will add to the effect of a limited def pool. You could ofcourse try your luck with prelaunched defense with the larger ship types but it isn't 100% reliable.

Mechanics wise ... fi/co look favourable to have as your main attack fleet in terms of % of landing without defense / uncovered.

Fr/De has an eta 9 in base and goes eta 8 when red.

This means that both alliance (40 in tag) Fr/de class ships can defend this on the same tick. but also alliance fi/co and NAPed fi/co can also defend against this. Thus increasing the chance of the attack getting covered due to a larger def pool.

Cr/bs has an eta of 10 in base and goes red at eta 9.

This means that both alliance (40 in tag) bs/cr class ships can defend this on the same tick. but also alliance frig/de and NAPed frig/de can also defend against this. Thus increasing the chance of the attack getting covered due to a larger def pool.

Fleet setup and logistics

if You are a HC and instruct your alliance to have a fi/co fleet as the means to obtain your roids and have frig/de class anti bs/cr for defense.
It means that you can source defense ships outside of the 40 tag alliance ie the other NAPed alliances to cover any fr/de/cr/bs.

Use an alliance webpage to DC the fr/de/cr/bs incs thus negating the intag def page set up problems of the intertag alliance. also getting the scanners to paste scan infomation onto that webby /or by irc bot.

So if 1 or 2 top alliances do this set up they are at an advantage due to the fleet logistics (faster eta for returning and sending of fleets and also larger defense pools) of this set up v an alliance that goes frig/de or cr/bs heavy set up.
So the other alliances follow suit to "keep up with the jones"
Thus creating a Fi/Co heavy universe.