Thread: Espionage
View Single Post
Unread 3 Jan 2006, 09:49   #48
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough
Re: Espionage

(Sorry for not reading the entire page... )

I think cov ops should be made better. They are too bad at this point and for most players hardly worth researching. Top players have so many security centres and security at priority 1. At the moment it's almost impossible for a mediocre player to cov op him. Something should be changed here if cov ops will be used as jumpgate "scans".

Say chance of succeeding is 66%. You are unlucky and you fail. Then you have to retry with lower stealth and have a reduced chance of succesfully getting a jpg "scan". I think that's quite a problem.

- Do you mean to completely remove scans from the game?
- What do you want to do with the fleet analysis scan? (Send spies to your own planet?)
- I believe you said something about realism... A spy at an enemies' planet cannot see a fleet that is going elsewhere, so fleet analysis wouldn't fit in. I can imagine Unit scans work when the target has a fleet out (it goes the same way with scans), but I really don't see how a spy on the opponents planet could know what fleet is heading for your planet.
Lοki is offline   Reply With Quote