Thread: Espionage
View Single Post
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 19:46   #31
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Espionage

Ok.
Firstly on the chance front, I don't see an issue in itself with bringing back chance in scans.
The issue with that seems to be a combination of chance and a time delay, which makes most scans more difficult. I take it there's no complaint about time delays for covert ops, especially if some of them are stronger?

I don't see how new players will suffer, as they'll have one system to learn instead of two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaram
Hasn't the whole purpose of waves/scans system since time immemorial been to give advantage to big organized alliances and to players with (multi) scan planets? Why the sudden change of heart?
Is is right to give an advantage to big organised alliances? I'd prefer to try and level the playing field a bit more. While changing it, I thought it'd be interesting to merge the two as they're quite related. I've given my opinion on how scans aren't that realistic anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilatus
Why not just making different eta for finishing certain construictions? Like +1 eta for building a distorter, and maybe making important cons like factories ones a tick faster. And pls drop that annoying co-op bs.

And please make pa less predictable then deciding if a snowball will roll up or down a hill
I think covert ops has a part. I don't see what relevance having constructions different construction times has?
Covert ops isn't that bad. I think it could be good with modifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I am hoping this was a joke..
No, actually it wasn't. Snowballs generally roll downhill. Some of the game is chance, but not loads of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
if the chance comes from being outplayed, then yes. if the chance is flip of a coin, then why are people going to pay you £5 for a round when they can get a lot of coins for that?
500 coins, unless you start converting currency. I don't want it total chance, but I've seen a new player leave the game at the end of the first round because he got bored of attacking and recalling.