View Single Post
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 19:58   #28
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: LOL! Pissed off Americans not allowed to immigrate to Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Actually it’s number three behind both Norway and Sweden. Actually I’d imagine Toronto is what keeps it up there, despite what the rest of Canada seems to think Toronto is the engine of the country and the only place of any real significance to the rest of world. I've spent quite a bit of my life in Canada and though I’m yet to see the West coast to be honest I don't think it's a patch on the UK and certainly not on the US. As for the curruption comment it's hardly just in immigration, the Canadian governement would be first to admit corruption is a huge problem.

Also an odd statement to make, in my experience it usually seems harder for prosperous Europeans to get in, I can give a few first hand examples of people with senior management jobs waiting for them who have found it incredibly difficult to get in without bribery. In contrast if you happen to be from the Caribbean it's generally fairly easy.
Actually Toronto is what drags it down... Nearly every murder and other crime can pretty much be sourced to some part of Toronto... The common joke amongst canadians is where the criminals? and people say they all live in toronto(or winnipeg depending where you live)!

Seriously... Toronto does drag it down a lot they are pretty much hard up there and how it keeps going I don't know, it's corrupt as hell.

The true engines of Canada are Alberta as a province, Vancouver and Ottawa(which handles all the military and defence contracts and also used to be an IT powerhouse).

From what I can tell you is everyone wants to get OUT of Toronto atm.

Also Vancouver is more significant than Toronto these days.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote