View Single Post
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 00:28   #129
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: The GD Music Archive

Alternative

Gatsbys American Dream - Volcano

unlike nod, I've found many, many releases i've adored this year. of everything it is this album, which is undoubtedly my favourite and walks into my top10 albums of all-time easily. (which isn't too shabby considering i possess around 800 albums.) i'm not sure why i haven't recommended this album here before but it is pretty much fantastic. Filled with literary references ranging from Jurassic Park and The Lord Of The Rings trilogy to Interview With A Vampire and The Lord Of The Flies , Volcano is not easy music to swallow, and it's not meant to be. there are no choruses in this album, it's all interweaving music with intellectuality in the music being the main sell point. revisiting old lyrics from previous albums backing up songs, short postscripts to full tracks, cowball vocal exchanges all feature in this album to make it one of the most magnificent albums released in quite a while.

of everything i've recommended this would be the one i'd definitely ask ANYONE to go for. give the whole album 5-6 spins and tell me you don't adore it.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote