View Single Post
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 10:49   #105
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Jolt meeting, Your questions needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan
Let's live in the real world for a minute. All companies are in business to make a profit. Why should Jolt invest in the game when all most people seem to do is complain about the fact they are paying to play. Where is Jolt to get the funds to do all you ask. These things cost money.

You missed the point and direction of my post, I'll elaborate on the meaning. I was questioning what Jolt has done for the game that it is taking credit for under the sweeping 'back from the grave-esque' comments besides providing servers and bandwidth, and questioning why PA Team's role seemed to be being played down with regards to this turn-around, since explained. Jolt as the company that took over PA must have done so with some kind of vision, and that vision is far from clear.

With regards to your post, no, not all businesses are in business to make a profit, at least in the short-term. A lot would be more willing to sacrifice short-term profit for a long-term increase in customer base, something which has been the blight of PA to date. Jolt are possibly the only one of the contenders for the game way back when that have the resources to allow this, and I'm not talking 'running the game for free', see the parallel dev bit below.

I'm fully aware that 'things cost money' but thanks for pointing that out. Pushing for gameplay changes costs nothing, market research would have been along the lines of 'a questionnaire on the Jolt portal' which last time I checked was owned by Jolt so I'm not exactly seeing a cost here. Since current PA Team members are volunteers and as such unpaid, I'm not sure why you assumed that these external coders would be paid anything either; I was suggesting drawing on the pool of skilled coders both from the PA Community and more significantly the much larger pool available from the Jolt community as a whole of which we are now part, allowing for parallel development of the next round/experimental rounds while the main round provides the funds that Jolt needs to recoup.