View Single Post
Unread 10 Jul 2013, 16:26   #10
AndyMan

AndyMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Round 53: Government Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Oh. That new cov op is totally overpowered. Minus 20% alert is terrible. If you get hit once, you're totally screwed. I stand by my suggestion to double all the penalties, but you should really remove the alert reduction.

(P.S. Golan thought of this, not me.)
I disagree here. I think this will give a really cool dynamic to the game. If you have an enemy who happens to be a good covopper or knows a good covopper, get ready to have to pay for it (guards wise)! You have 3 choices: You are nice to everyone and hope no one has a vendetta against you at some point, you are nice or a dick and commit the resources early and prevent something like this from happening, or risk it all being a dick and then have to pay a LOT of resources to have it stop once someone has targeted you. You will always be able to hire enough guards to eventually be able to overcome the alert reduction, you just may have to dedicate your income to hiring guards only for a while. I actually really really like this idea the more I think about it. Covop as it currently stands has not been able to really influence the game much, just annoy and be useful for determining if fleets are fake from time to time. This addition, albeit small, will at least give covop a new edge that, if employed properly, could be very effective and add a new dyamic to the game.
AndyMan is offline   Reply With Quote