Thread: r21 stats
View Single Post
Unread 10 Mar 2007, 03:48   #19
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: r21 stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighteh
snip
We all looked at the same stats at the start of the round 16, we all were still looking at the same stats at the end of round 16. Just because Ascendancy were a little bit more clever than others on realising what could be done to capitalise that is not their fault.

In fact iirc (and please correct me wrong rob) in round 15 rob xp whored his way comfortably into the top 100, he may have done the same in round 14. Now I remember in round 15 that it was rather novel what he was doing, but I myself like others was perhaps too narrow minded to change my gameplay and the way I viewed the game. Indeed adapt with the times.

Indeed even in round 16 when rob landed in my galaxy I still didn't adapt until the last two weeks or so into the round when even then it was horrible for me to get xp as I was a fat value terran. Even still I adapted.

The failure was not in the stats it was probably the thinking of the players.

Onto the best stats, I felt round 11 were quite balanced, round 16 was decent as well I thought. There have been some rounds though were certain races are just stupid.

I think it was round 13 with cathaar? And 17/18 with xan? Both times I believe I pointed out the possible flaws in the stats as did a few people but sadly those in #beta who are playing a speedgame with crap alliances like Blaine or whatever its called and seeing how many roids they can accumulate and how many ships they can steal weren't quite the best to listen too, even though they were consulted.

I don't count myself as someone who is greatly astute when it comes to stats, although I feel I can spot flaws. However there are far greater people than myself.

I believe a public beta (if you call it that, as maybe a little freebie to keep the kids warmed up before the main event) shouldn't be used to test stats as quite frankly 9/10 situations are not realistic. Instead it should be used to find bugs etc.

A private beta however with a select group of individuals who are proven to be able to work on stats (and there a fair few around) should comprise of players with the knowledge and expertise to work on the stats. Once they have been consulted, the stats should be finalised and that is that. No public input imo should be allowed into the stats. It should be a purely private affair.

Deal with it. Is what I would say if I was pa team.

Often a democracy is great, but it fails in the fact that many of the people voting are shit and don't really know how their vote counts, a prime example is probably the USA. What is needed is a strong dictator who doesn't take shit off anyone and does whats best for his country for example Hitler or Stalin. Sure they were ass holes but they made their countries world powers.

We need a dictator to take the stats, not take shit off the general public and work with a select few to create some beautiful stats.

It will be emotional.