View Single Post
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 13:11   #63
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Planetarion Redesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
Increasing the length of the techtree would only result in more people chosing for small ships. not in a better balance between the different ships.
Not really, as the further down the tech tree, the better the ships are. It wouldnt just be a case of research hulls 1 and get all tier 1 ships, you have to research the actual ship. People can certainly stick on the small ships and amass them in bulk but when someone researches there hard counter, they're screwed. Constant progression of ships is much better than spamming one ship type.

Quote:
imho there should be little change to the shipstats, they should just be easier to read for new players. The community build some rather good tools to see how well a ship does vs another ship. However to get an advanced ship-on-ship analysis ingame you need 2 more clicks and then you still get a giant list of how each and every ship performs against another ship.
That really doesnt help new players, as theres masses of ships and alot of different combo's, add in the race factor and its wtf to assess the best strategy. The shipstats at the moment just force the user to pick a race at tick 0 and pick which 3-4 ships they'll spam build. Theirs no real progression and people are relatively screwed if they pick an underpowered strategy/race.

Quote:
If i were to redesign how stats are displayed i would surely make some sort of pop-up in the production screen where i can see exactly what the ships are able to take on.
Having all the numbers in the world does not make it readable for new players to determine which ships out of 50 they should build, which race to pick, and what they'll pwn.

Quote:
So creating a silo structure is a good way to replace HCT.
The population system would do that but it'd also affect the users research as well as construction, which opens up more strategy.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote