View Single Post
Unread 7 Jun 2007, 16:29   #34
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Planet Dumps (Last Updated: 12/04/06)

Actually, to shorten my reply to your point, AdmV0rl0n:

Those people using tools built from the dump files do not have an advantage over the standard player. It just makes it easier for people to find the data they are looking for. Everyone can still go and cycle through the galaxy pages to find targets - or he goes to sandmans/pilkara/whatever page to have a search-option already.

You may now feel free to go to the suggestions forum and suggest that PA Team also builds in some kind of sandmans-like page instead of the standard universe page, and you might want to suggest more things like integrating a battle calc and stuff. But it boils down to two simple issues:

1) Manpower required to implement the tools into the game. It's not as easy as to just have someone from the community offer his/her toolkit for integration, there also have to be code-reviews and technical requirements for the toolkits must be fulfilled.

2) Lack of creativity. Right now I can always go and use my database built from the dumpfiles (and other things like scans, intel etc) to try out something new. When there are no more dumpfiles and things are completely included into the game, then there comes the disadvantage of not being able to try out something new for fun.