View Single Post
Unread 7 Jun 2007, 14:14   #30
AdmV0rl0n

AdmV0rl0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Planet Dumps (Last Updated: 12/04/06)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
This discussion should be split off from this thread, but I'll reply here anyway!

I'd personally say that botfiles don't follow what the game originally intended. You had to search a target for yourself, instead of comparing the most juicy targets according to X size, Y score, in a galaxy no larger than Z and having the luxury of a graph to pick between which is probably best. It feels less like a war game and more like an interactive spreadsheet.

I understand that bots were a problem and they'd probably be introduced in some way, or alliances could get their players to manually copy and paste the contents of each galaxy to be parsed. 150 or so galaxies would take about 5 mins for 10 active members to copy and paste the contents of every galaxy.

My wild and wacky suggestion would be to remove all scores/sizes of planets and have galaxy scores only. It means you'd have to search with scanners to try and find the best targets.

It all depends on what sort of future you want from Planetarion. The only problem is that these botfiles have been around for so long that I seriously doubt many players would want to take a step backwards - even if it might make the game more interesting.

I too think the botfiles seem to fly in the face of the original intention of the game.
AdmV0rl0n is offline   Reply With Quote