Thread: Game Tactics
View Single Post
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 03:43   #48
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: Game Tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flumps
ok this is a bit of a weird tactic but it worked for me before. Its similar to liquid assets but if you have res but dont want to spend it on the ships needed to def the inc just spend it on the ships you want to build instead, preferably so they are produced at the same tick the inc lands or possibly the tick after the inc lands if it gets targetted by the inc (the attacker doesnt know your engineering priorites, and hence your production time, do they?). then once you have done this message them in game telling them you have just ordered x amount of whatever ships def the inc and hopefully they recall. told ya it was a bit of a weird tactic :P

I would consider this tactic what is commonly called a 'bluff' IE appearing to do something you are not, this is definitely an acceptable post for this thread, but before I add it I would like to ask if anyone else has any other bluffs they used, because I'd like to create this as a seperate category seperate from the other tactics, as it involves a key element that is outside of fleet movement/creation (the PA mail). This suggestion may in fact warent it's own thread, as we could probably come up with a whole list of bluff tactics that work using PA messages. Also an appropriate name would be useful as well, perhaps "Resource bluff."

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote