View Single Post
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 09:47   #3
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Time to rethink?

The reason five shots were used (it's rumoured, I'm not quite sure what to make of the BBC at the moment) is that low velocity bullets were used to minimise the risk to civilians hence more than one shot was needed to finish the fella off. If you've got someone who's been under surveillance for days for terrorist activity, then runs for it with wires coming out of him down a tube, I don't see any other option than restraining him, shooting him, and bloody well making sure he's out for the count cos if he isn't the last thing he's going to try and do, is blow himself up. From my view if what we've learned is true, everything is above board.

Seriously, as long as the security services have some kind of justification for it, I think people are pretty comfortable with the shooting. We're well aware that there might be some terrorist cell trying to beat us into submission, we can't let that happen, I'm afraid. And last I checked Northern Ireland was part of the UK, so terrorism doesn't always 'win'.