View Single Post
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 12:37   #250
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Stat changes for R15

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
sorry i did not play r12, yet i think atm those circumstances must be pretty damn special
Not particularly. Pulsar armor was low, Scorpion damage (though EMP) was reasonable. It forced Cath to divide their resources between Roach and Scorpion. Casual anti-CR def was still FR, but if the fleet was weighted too heavily on Roaches, it was easy to make the roids too expensive with Pulsars.

The key, in my opinion, is keeping in mind that every tick faster than the attack fleet, the defense fleet is, is more like two ticks more the fleet can be used (since it gets back a tick earlier). Which basically means that the amount of Fast defense needed should be at least 1.5x the amount of 'slow' defense (equal speed or 1 tick faster), in the standard case. Of course, bad fleet design shouldn't be 'protected' by this.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote