View Single Post
Unread 24 May 2014, 21:03   #1
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Value v Dist v MIL(XP)

(Mods feel free to change the title of the thread)

There has been some IRC chat about the Imbalance With Value Whoring verus Distorter Whoring Verus MIL centre (XP) whoring.

Having a look at last round stats.
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=200430

Would indicate a heavy Stagger towards Value whoring.

The last time I can recall where value whoring wasn't effective was back in r16 where it was better known as the crazy XP round.

I know the PA team have made changes this round (R57) as per http://game.planetarion.com/manual.pl?page=changes

-Construction costs have been changed. Previously they were:
metal cost * (number of this type of structure + 1) of metal
They will now be
metal cost * (number of this type of structure + 1)*(1-number of this type of structure/500) of metal.
This means that, if you build 250 of 1 structure type, you pay approximately 33% less overall in terms of total cost of resources.
-Structure Defence structures will be effective up to 10% of your maximum structures, with every 1% of your structures reducing the amount of structures you can lose to SKs by 1%. This means that having 10% of your structures as Structure Defence structures makes you immune from structure killers

These Do Make for example Distorter Whoring more effective as you would be hard to SK (land an attack with structure killers) with having structure defence built. (Will need to do the maths with say dist whoring total xan with 10% SDs v a total ter scanner to see how effective it is to be scannable)

Whilst it is cheaper to produce Military centres there is no real fundamental "tweaking" of this to alter its effect as a viable means of winning.

It might be too late to make changes for r57 but I would like the PA team to give this consideration for r58.

Thoughts / comments please.