View Single Post
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 11:54   #22
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: [Discuss] The Removal of the Prelaunch option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal2112
I am not playing this game for the amusement of noobs and inactives, but for my own. I think any active player agrees on removing prelaunch - just to bad there seem to be less active players then semi active ones who think the luxury of a 'lazy' prelaunch system should not be removed.

On the matter of 'saving' fleets using the prelaunch option; this is clearly a bug that should be removed and an option should be added for people to 'dock' their fleets; it is fkin funny to see the PA admin team post here that, since people like prelaunching to save their fleet, the feature will stay.

come on...
You say you dont play the game for "the amusement of noobs and inactives", well tbh from my own pov your the type of shortsighted, selfish idiot I wish wasnt playing this game. PA's future relies on playing numbers, something it struggles with due to the fact it is RL friendly anyway. Removing one of the few features that makes it more accessable for people with a RL would damage the games viabilty. How much fun do you think it would be if the game had 1k players and just 10 alliance, how long do you you think the players in alliance 8-10 would stick aroundif they went from being fairly successful to being bashed as the easiest targets

Your enjoyment is infact CONNECTED to the enjoyment of these players your looking down on. I'll use my trusted Africain Game Reserve analogy to highlight my point.

In a game reserve you have 3 main catogories of life in them, your preditors (lions ect), your prey (antalopes, zebras ect) and your Planets. For all these to thrieve theres needs to be a balance, a balance that sees their being fewer preditors than prey, and fewer prey than plants. If any of these get out of balance it throws those above them in the chain into turmoil. Too many preditors for the amount of prey means not enough food which results in the little food being wiped out and the preditors then not having any food, too much prey and too many plants are eaten and this means the prey has nothing to eat which in turn means the preditors dont ect ect

Now the principles of this analogy are the same in PA, the same balance needs struck between the top middle and bottom people. Without a lot of small players the middle players cant thrieve and the top players struggle. Hence the hardcore players need the new players.

Some people at the upper end of the games food chain need to realise this and stop looking down on the new players as much as they hold the future of this game in their hands more than you actually do.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote