View Single Post
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 12:40   #19
Spectator1
Unregistered User

Spectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Age of Empires vs Civilisation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
I will. Civ II is the best of the series, Alpha Centauri is the best of "that" style of game.
I agree with both statements, but Civilization IV is certainly the most enjoyable at the moment because its up-to-date, has fun new concepts and is a better Multiplayer challenge.
It can be a bit heavy to run even with various graphics turned low. In MP the game would kinda freeze until the slowest player had loaded the turn. During the freeze you could move the camera around and give orders BUT the game seems non-responsive until the freeze stops (all orders given are then executed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
I suppose you could play Age of Empires 3.

I suppose you could also play Civilisation 4.

But what you should really do is play something in between, ie Rise of Nations. It rocks

Don't play the sequel though, that sucks (by comparison).
Rise of Nations was fun indeed, but imho only if u limited it to a max age. Cos the end game wonder thingies outbalanced the game. I played the second installment and have to agree that its much less fun.

About Age of Empires. I only really liked Age of Empires 1 with the Rise of Rome expansion. IMHO it only went downhill. (AoE II was much less fun and AoE III sucked)

Comparing AoE and Civ is kinda hard. They are different genres and there are a people who like only one, neither or both.

Civ requires patience and enjoying empire management and strategic battling (moving armies), AoE requires enjoying basebuilding and fighting battles (moving soldiers).

If I remeber correctly:
r1 LBF =LOST's Buccaneers Flotilla
r2&3 LBF (Information Officer)
r15 HA =Hidden Agenda
r16&17 HA (BC)
r18-23 HA (HC)
Currently on Hiatus
Spectator1 is offline   Reply With Quote