View Single Post
Unread 12 Dec 2013, 17:38   #12
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: Feedback requested: Covert Ops

To me Covert Ops are a "tax" on the value players in PA. What I mean by this is those who wish to play for value are forced to spend value in the form of guards/sec centers/population in order to prevent themselves from loosing even more value due to covert ops. The irony here (as Truhatred points out) is that the more powerful covert ops become the harder it becomes to use them as the cost benefit analysis for value players swings heavily in favor of protection from covert ops. So I strongly discourage making them stronger or a more central part of the game. PA is about fleet maneuvering and politics, not about individuals using covert ops.

I support the change that Appoco suggests at the beginning of the thread, and I support covert ops continued existence in the game as a tax on heavy value players. But I think innovation in PA needs to come on how politics and combat work, not how a few people "abuse" the system to their personal advantage.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote