View Single Post
Unread 5 Dec 2013, 16:32   #3
Truhatred

Truhatred is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Feedback requested: Covert Ops

The new cov ops are great and actually make it useful to go cov op from beginning to end without just hacking resources. The problem I see currently is mostly with Warp Drive. This needs to be somewhat value based rather than #of ships per agent.

#agents(150 value + (trgt val/your val)10) [max: 300 value per agent]

Something like this would let people that choose to cov op from beginning get good ship steals to stregthen their fleet throughout the game. It also allows someone that cov ops for resources to get a good boost in ships when about to build.
This round i landed an attk with BS at tick 40 without hulls or any tt just from stealing 198 ter bs in 2 cov ops. it was quite a nice xp boost.

Anarchy is great and all but with more people going cov ops it will be very rare to be able to successfully op a good trgt for anarchy. Maybe change anarchy to only take 10 agents and just reduce the alert of the target by 20% and for 2 ticks and make it only useable every 12 ticks or so.(needs work but we need something to make it easier to op in future rounds)

Or just make it easier to figure out someones alert rating as its pretty impossible right now. You can figure out their govt usually but you can't ever see their population setting.

We will need something though to make it to where people can cov op players with high guards as most of the universe now has sec centers and guards. I have failed 10x the amount of covert ops as I have done in past 3 rounds.
Truhatred is offline   Reply With Quote