View Single Post
Unread 6 Sep 2009, 18:36   #93
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Proposal for the creation of the roundly block against Apprime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
this remains to be seen. the apprime system appears to be somewhat of a clone of the ascendancy system, and ascendancy have shown their capabilities many, many times recently.

if ascendancy have approached this round with their game faces on, they should be regarded as equal/superior to apprime, despite the events of last round and the first couple of hundred ticks.
I'd suggest we were better man for man than Apprime last round, we were just never big enough to assert any major influence. However the way they drive activity, which is essentially a skype fuelled session of actually ringing people (occasionally their opponents) to get them out of bed, is one that pays off when it gets them out of sight early on. It is a bludgeon of a tactic and quite physically punishing in the long term, but effective. If you get them a prolonged conflict they are no longer in a position to totally dominate. As was proven last round.

Ascendancy want to play well every round, "game face" is neither here nor there. As JBG has already pointed out, we are slightly stronger this round but from last round 50-51 wasn't enough to get us the income required to get anywhere near first.

Quote:
its amusing that asc propaganda machine rolls out the same thing every round yet people always buy it
That is because this is how game mechanics works, and it's why last round Apprime didn't dominate (and understanding it is part of our success). Last round three alliances had an opportunity to win once parity with Apprime was reached but in the end they won because once it was open, they just played better politics than the other two.

Quote:
the downplaying of asc's ability here is fantastic, especially saying that theyre small in number due to the fact theyre 15 members less on sandmans. planets outside tag+late signups+shipjumpers will easily make up for that by the mid point of the round.

IF everyone buys the ascendancy propaganda and wars with apprime (interesting that ascendancy are demanding penguins initiate the war here) by the time of late signups when ascendancy get their reinforcements, victory could well be within their grasp.
As you will see from the above, there is no such downplaying because last round we put in quite a classy performance. In fact I'm well aware of the respective abilities of alliances. I just read around the forums as part of my moderating and saw some posts that were based on some false assumptions about the game and analysis from sandmans that I thought was bad. So I just decided to post to debunk some false assumptions based on what people were putting forward rather than make political suggestions. As quite honestly I haven't even asked JBG about politics this round yet.

Last edited by lokken; 6 Sep 2009 at 18:43.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote