View Single Post
Unread 14 Aug 2007, 11:19   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Round 23 Ship Stats

A quick perspective. Cath look about right. Zero-loss def versus 3 attack fleets and any cath who roids another cath with co is insane. Two more attack fleets targetted by your own attack fleets. This leaves cr, you can't lose ships defending as it's versus emp, and fi and de. This is reasonable enough.

Terran look stronger (so you probably want to watch their a/cs). Cath co/cr won't find it easy to hit terran, they're very unlikely to hit themselves, mares+wraiths are a possibility, slightly more difficult for zik fr now but that'll probably be the main threat again, etd are a possiblity but it's emp again.

Xan will probably fi rush but they'll take a sick amount of damage with emp+kill def. That said fi has some natural advantages which offset this but I'd probably tweak up their emp resistance or their d/cs for the phantom and banshee which fire same init as their respective anti-ships. Their fr looks good versus zik and etd but zik will steal a bit to off-set it and they have two respectable def ships with 2 ticks to get there in the harpy and the bomber.

Zik are always strong these days because their a/c d/cs are so high. You can feed off terrans with your fr or de's a possible versus cath or etd. However you're probably not going to be able to do both which could leave some defensive holes in your fleet. That said your fleet teams up really nicely with whatever you steal. Some might say that's going to over emphasise the role of luck in playing zik but to be honest it's far more about activity and getting your fleet out there often enough.

I think etd might be slightly weak. Their brokers don't look that strong versus terran and zik de. and that's a lot of anti-bs in the de class plus flak flying around. Their co fleet is weaker than the cath one overall, the mare firing first is much worse than just emping when you're attacking. They'll feed off xans at a sick rate with their bs. Their defensive options aren't bad, flakked with the fr, an anti-bs that nothing fires first against, and anti everything else in their attack fleets. I'd try to give them a slightly better offensive edge.

With the large number of ships which fire on the same eta, peg banshee, merchant vendor, widow widow, drake wyvern you're going to see a lot of people willing to play chicken with much bigger planets for the xp. Accordingly, while allowing this to remain a valid option, I'd also bump up salvage a bit for everyone. I think these are decent stats, every attack fleet does look capable so you're going to see lot of variation and different options next round I think. My concern, similar to game, is with etd and how capable they'll be of gathering roids.