View Single Post
Unread 10 May 2006, 23:48   #4
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: A betting system to encourage helping newbies (and alliance/galmates!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
If I help my new galmate reach rank X, I can earn resources. It's incentive.
So you are able to only bet on players in your galaxy? You didnt mention that - i was thinking of universal application, ie you were just betting on some random planet to move 1 more rank higher than it was right at that tick, and odds are fairly good that you would be able to farm their score in resources in a universe-wide fashion. If done actively, i would imagine that gambling on planets in this fashion could completely replace roiding as a source of income (but not XP, i presume) which is prolly a bad thing (though generally i am in favour of different paths to winning a round).

But if its your galaxy only, that would be better.

Curious, what are the odds? is it time based? (ie, in 1 day the planet must gain 1 more rank? is there a multiplier on the proposed winnings if you set ambitious [and thus more risky] targets, such as 200 or 500 places higher in x time?).
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote