Thread: r61 Changes?
View Single Post
Unread 10 Mar 2015, 01:29   #17
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: r61 Changes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Not entirely sold on the ship cost change. Without seeing the formula for that (and having mz explain to me because I'm an idiot) it seems exploitable to a certain extent.

Useful ships are more expensive, crap ones are cheap? I'm not seeing how this helps anything.
If players are able to cleverly use ships which no one else is using, they might effectively get a 3-6% value gain over planets who go for the most common ships. Also, if one or two races are over-subscribed, then those who play in the less common races will basically get a slight value gain as by default their ships are going to be less common almost-always.

Quote:
Also reiterating what others have said...gal fund limit change?
I will need to double-check the logic which was implemented by Cin but, as has been said above, it's a bit similar to the alliance logic - I think it's got a similar limit (with no delay) which has been modified to take into consideration value loss.

Quote:
Galaxies outside the top 10 not getting a late starter? So #11 gets one, jumps into the top 10?
yes, and then the #10 -> #11th galaxy could use their late starter. Every galaxy gets one, it's just that you can only use it when out of the top 10. Similar to the alliance ranking system of old where the lower alliances had those extra spots?