View Single Post
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 19:46   #9
Parthos
lippy bint

Parthos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: MMORPG gaming experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot951
The one flaw with PA is that it's entirely possible to lose everything. You can spend months getting to #1, go to bed one night, and wake up with your planet in ruins and no way to recover.
You haven't played Pax have you? The main thing making r10 different from all previous rounds (save r4 which had similar, if more poorly implemented, types of protections) is that you CAN'T kill a planet anymore.

For one thing, mil scans were taken out which has made defense even easier than the 'spider spider, hmm think I'll send spiders' defense of r4. If you can land on someone at all most you could cap about 20% for one tick, assuming your ships don't get too 'disturbed.' 30k value players can steal 500k resources from bigger players using 5 agents, and the larger player can't do anything about it. Covert ops were supposed to be designed so that small people could 'get back' at larger ones...however, I'd like to know just what I did or could possibly do to that tiny planet, as I cannot attack him or touch him in any way yet he can rob me blind.
12:17 AM: Cochese: if PA team was a liquor, they'd be that plastic-half gallon for $8 stuff
Parthos is offline   Reply With Quote