View Single Post
Unread 23 Jul 2006, 20:29   #60
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Double Standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Trying to have an objective discussion with people who are completely and utterly biased (and also don't seem to "get" the discussion) is very difficult indeed

Although I'm sure it must be fun defending yourselves against an attack which isn't really there!

I do feel a little stuck-record-ish but I'll say it again - this is not about 1up. I simply used that as an example for the inconsistencies in rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
If we look on the alliance page, we can see quite clearly 1up's number of members in tag: 55.

Now if we go into 1up's public channel (#public) then we can see the topic: 1up Round 18 Recruitment: Closed

Now unless 1up are playing a similar round to the one a few rounds back where they promised to win on a 66% memberbase compared to other alliances (and managed it too) then it seems we have a significant number of their members out of tag.

Now that's fine.

They did it last round.

It'll be done in the future too, I expect.

It's perfectly legitimate.

My concerns arise from the closing of a number of scanners/covoppers though. They were closed because of "persistent covert opping of 1up planets".

These planets were playing for themselves or friends, and weren't in a tag. Yet because they were deemed to be "support planets" because they happened to covert op 1up one too many times, they were closed.

If these were the rules and this was consistent, I (and I'm sure a lot of others) wouldn't mind. It'd be just and fair.

Yet why are 1up allowed to keep these support planets in tow that they haven't added to their tag, when these scanners/covoppers are closed for doing nothing more than targetting one alliance a bit more than others?

It seems like "one rule for 1up, one for everyone else" really
You came here to argue that 1up's untagged members fall under the support planet rule to show a supposed double standard. Not just to make general point about inconsistancy.

And then when people debunk your argument, you just claim they 'dont get it" and declare yourself correct or deny making the argument in the first place.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse