View Single Post
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 14:30   #44
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: The portal (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
First of all, I had loads of stuff already written that I wanted to run for the column i had but decided not to be a part of the portal team because I did not feel comfortable with the person they appointed after Chef left. (The same person actually didn't do shit, probably because of RL commitments) Just again a viable proof that only wanting a job at the pa team should not be a good enough reason to get a job. Wanting and being capable are two different matters as a whole.

The fact that you decide to attack me as a person instead of actually tackling the problems I am citing in my post just speaks volumes. Please see the ball, not the person the next time you want to tackle a problem. And you calling me stupid is just yet another proof of how long the rot has been allowed to be in the PA team. Just because someone criticizes the things you do, you get all defensive and throw around yourself insults instead of stepping up to the plate pointing out that you should actually take charge and lead instead of hiding under excuses. How refreshing it was to see in this thread several admittances of error on behalf of the pa team instead of the bile you and your piers had a tendency to come up with.
I'm not part of PATeam, and i'm hardly known for defending them when they have ****ed up so saying i'm being defensive is hardly true.

I called you stupid based on the fact your whole 'choice' you gave them is clearly shortsighted and idiotic. Your ignoring the fact that on the whole people don't volunteer to do roles for PA, especially the less flashy ones and the ones that do are rarely suitable for the role they are applying for (Certain people for example have asked to be made a mod, despite them showing that they are clearly as far away from being mod material as you an get). Someone still has to do the roles in question and just because they aren't cosmetic jobs that you can see you deem them either lazy or unsuitable and ask for them all to stand down.

If more people were volunteering for the secondary level jobs, and were doing so because it was a role that they were suitable for and were dedicated in doing then maybe you would see the Leaders of the sections getting some of the cosmetic stuff done but while people don't volunteer for these secondary roles that they are suitable for and the few that do mainly doing it for the status and have no intention of doing the work then its the PATeam members your telling to quit who have to take the slack and without them the important aspects of the game running would join the list of things not getting done as theres not the staff to do them
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote